Alberta Massage Schools
Alberta Massage Schools
Alberta Massage Therapy Training Schools
With the changes in Massage Therapy insurance coverage requirements, It is wiser to take at least 2200 – hour Massage Therapy Training in Alberta. There are still Massage practitioners that have less training than that but they are at a disadvantage. Most jobs for Massage Therapists in Alberta, now requires therapists who have the 2200-hour Massage Therapy diploma course. Below are the list of schools that offers Massage Therapy diploma courses.
MTAA – Massage Therapy Association of Alberta
– Successful completion of a 2200 Massage Therapy Training
– Pass The Competency Massage Therapy Board Examinations
– Possess Standard CPR ( at least Level C) and First Aid
– Yearly Massage Therapy Association Fee
– Submission a Criminal Records Check
NHPC – National Health Practitioners of Canada
– To meet these insurance industry requirements of 2200 —hours Massage Therapy training or equivalency, the NHPC is creating recognition solutions & career options for massage therapists who do not have 2200 hours of initial Massage Therapy training. One of these solutions is the Competency Equivalency Exam (CEE). NHPC hopes to complete development of the CEE by the end of Summer 2012 and begin implementation immediately thereafter. Processing NHPC Massage Therapy members who choose to participate in the CEE is expected to run through late Spring 2013.
– Any NHPC Massage Therapy member who does not have 2200 hours of initial training and who wishes to be recognized by insurance providers with the 2200-hour equivalency requirement will need to apply to NHPC for the CEE designation.
Calgary Massage Schools
– Professional Institute of Massage Therapy, 805 14th Street NW Calgary, Alberta: offers 2200- hour Advanced Massage Diploma. PIMT provides massage programs based on market demands and the regulations within each particular province that we operate in. for example, in alberta we have designed 2,200 Hour advanced Massage Therapy Diploma programs, 1,000 Hour Massage Therapy Diploma Programs and 250 hour Certificate programs. These programs can prepare you for assessment based treatment in a clinic (Diploma) or for the full-body relaxation treatments in a spa (Certificate).
– Mount Royal University , 4825 Mount Royal Gate SW Calgary, Alberta: offers a 2200- hour Massage Therapy Diploma. our industry-leading 2200-hour Massage Therapy program is now a Diploma, approved as a designated program by the Government of Alberta through Alberta Advanced Education and Technology.
– CDI College Calgary North , 403 33rd Street NE Calgary, AB : offers Advanced 2200 — hour Massage Therapy Diploma Program. CDI College’s Massage Therapy diploma program prepares students to become valued, well-paid members of the healthcare industry in private clinics, medical and rehabilitation centers, hospitals, spas, fitness facilities, or as self-employed massage therapists. This diploma program teaches fundamental massage skills such as hydrotherapy, palpation, remedial exercise, and patient assessment. Students learn different types of massage treatments, along with medical topics including anatomy, physiology, pharmacology, and pathology. Students will learn about professional topics such as industry ethics and professional communications.
Edmonton Massage Schools
– MH Vicars School of Massage Therapy, 6926 Roper Road NW Edmonton, Alberta : offers 2200-hour Advanced Massage Therapy Diploma Program. The instructors are great and the materials are comprehensive, clearly presented, and just what you need to be a success in this growing field. Our two-year professional program prepares students for the registration exams of the Massage Therapy Association of Alberta (MTAA), and the Massage Therapist Association of Saskatchewan (MTAS). Our grads have found work in most other provinces and territories, as well as the US. Each jurisdiction has its own requirements, but our 2200-hour program is on par with the best programs across Canada
– Grant MacEwan University,104 Avenue Northwest Edmonton, Alberta : offers Advanced Massage Therapy diploma program. The Massage Therapy diploma offers a unique blend of scientific theory and clinical practice. Designed to facilitate the student’s growth as a health care professional, the program teaches a variety of soft tissue manipulation techniques applied to the assessment and treatment of stress, pain and a variety of physical conditions. Courses in anatomy, physiology, kinesiology, pathology and communication ensure a foundation of clinical knowledge that carries you through dynamic field placement experiences and professional practice at MacEwan University’s public massage clinics. The Massage Therapy diploma is recognized by Alberta Learning. Graduates are eligible to become a Registered Massage Therapist (RMT) through the provincial associations.
– CDI College Edmonton North and Edmonton South : offers Advanced 2200 — hour Massage Therapy Diploma Program. CDI College’s Massage Therapy diploma program prepares students to become valued, well-paid members of the healthcare industry in private clinics, medical and rehabilitation centers, hospitals, spas, fitness facilities, or as self-employed massage therapists. This diploma program teaches fundamental massage skills such as hydrotherapy, palpation, remedial exercise, and patient assessment. Students learn different types of massage treatments, along with medical topics including anatomy, physiology, pharmacology, and pathology. Students will learn about professional topics such as industry ethics and professional communications.
– Makami College, Capilano Mall, Edmonton Alberta : offers First Year 1250 Hours then Second Year 1750 Hours for a total of 3000 Massage Therapy Training. Makami College provides quality training in the field of Massage Therapy. We offer professional massage therapy instructors, hands on training, work experience and plenty of one on one attention. As a student of MaKami College massage school, you will never feel like just another number but will understand why everyone that passes through our doors becomes a part of our extended family. Our provincially credited massage school provides assistance to those in financial need, students with ESL or learning disabilities and takes extra care to help parents achieve their educational goals without taking away from their family time.
Medicine Hat Massage School
– Southern Alberta Institute of Massage: offers 1000 —hour and 1200 – hour Massage Therapy programs. The S.A.I.M. Therapeutic Massage Program offers a 1000 hour Diploma in Massage Therapy and a 2200 hour Advanced Diploma in Massage Therapy. S.A.I.M. offers both full and part-time, traditional and accelerated time line diploma programs.
LethBridge Massage School
– Southern Alberta Institute of Massage: offers 1000 —hour and 1200 – hour Massage Therapy programs. The Southern Alberta Institute of Massage (S.A.I.M.) was established in 1995. S.A.I.M. is a private institute operating to train competent and professional “Massage Therapists” thereby ensuring the satisfaction of our students. Our Massage Therapy Program is licensed under the Private Vocational Training Act. Our school also operates in conjunction with a professional clinic at our location. Many past graduates have gone on to practice massage therapy at professional clinics, chiropractic clinics, health clubs, spas, sporting affiliates, and private practices.
Red Deer Massage School
– Alberta Institute of Massage , 7710 Gaetz Ave Red Deer Alberta : offers 2200-hour Advanced Massage Therapy Diploma Program and 1000 —hour Certificate Program. Offers 2200 hour distance and part time advanced diploma program which has a prerequisite 1000 hour program. (This program is 1200 hours and combined with the 1000 hr. prerequisite, provides the graduate with a Diploma recognition of 2200 hours).
– Northen Institute of Massage Therapy INC. 4806 – 51 Avenue Red Deer, Alberta —The Basic Relaxation Massage Therapy Program is a diploma level course focused on the basic anatomy and physiology of the body from a massage perspective. Graduates will be qualified to provide relaxation treatments and have proper training in basic massage techniques. This program can be taken on its own or can be the precursor to the Advanced Program. NIMT Also offers 3 specializations for 2nd year training: Clinical Assessment and Correction, Spa Specialization, and Sport Specialization. All 3 specializations provide the student with adequate training to challenge association exams, but more importantly provide new options for 2200 hours of recognized massage education.
Grand Prairie Massage School
– Alberta Massage Training, 11402-100 Street Grand Prairie, Alberta: 2200 Hour Advanced Massage Therapy Diploma Program. This program provides our Students with 2200 Hours of Education as reguired by the Insurance Companies. This program is held over a period of 44 weeks. It includes 11 weekends of classroom study of practical skills and lectures, a home study and practicum component. This Diploma program provides the student with an opportunity to learn deep tissue massage, fascia release, stretching, history taking, orthopedic assessment and treatment of pathologies of the entire musculoskeletal system.